PRIVATE EXTENDED HEALTH CARE PLANS
If you have extended health benefits, your plan may cover all or some of the costs for physiotherapy, massage therapy, naturopathic medicine, acupuncture, braces and orthotics every year.
If you prefer to pay upfront for your treatments, we accept cash, Visa, Mastercard & Interac Debit payments. You will be provided with a receipt that you can submit to your insurance provider for reimbursement.
Claim Submission or Direct Billing Option
If you have an insurance plan that allows online billing:
- We are able to direct bill with payment directed to us. Any co-payments or deductibles will be due on the day of the session. OR
- We are able to submit your claims with payment directed to you in which case, payment to us is due after your session & our billing team will submit your claims so that you receive reimbursement directly from your insurance plan.
We are able to submit claims for you to the following insurance companies.
- Canada Life
- Canadian Construction Workers Union (C.C.W.U.)
- Chambers of Commerce (Johnston Group)
- CINUP (Johnston Group)
- Cowan (Express Scripts Canada)
- Desjardins Insurance
- Equitable Life
- Empire Life
- First Canadian (Johnston Group)
- GMS Carriers 49 and 50 (Express Scripts Canada)
- Industrial Alliance
- Johnson (Express Scripts Canada)
- Johnston Group
- Manulife Financial
- Maximum Benefit (Johnston Group)
- NexGen Rx
- Sun Life Financial
- The Cooperators
- Union Benefits
Please note that some insurance plans are non-assignable, in which case, payment will be due from you at the end of your session and we will submit the claim for you to receive reimbursement.
Due to long hold times with Insurance Companies, our staff may not be able to assist you in finding out coverage information or plan requirements. Most insurance companies have a smartphone app that you may download and log into for real time updates and information regarding your plan.
If your plan requires a physician’s requisition, you may visit TIA Health, which is an online portal, to book an online appointment with a doctor and get a requisition.
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT CLAIMS
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident your auto insurance will fully cover your treatment and will be billed directly for the treatments. If you have extended health benefits, they would need to be billed first before being billed to your auto insurance. Ask our receptionist for details on how this works.
The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board pays us directly for work related injuries.