Laser Therapy Treatment
Laser therapy treatment in Mississauga – Curezone Physiotherapy Mississauga also provides Laser physiotherapy to our Mississauga community. It stands for (light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation).The application of light therapy is used for soft tissue repair and regeneration. Low level lasers send cold light through skin layers to soft tissue cells to stimulate blood flow and increase cell metabolism. Laser Therapy has gained a lot popularity as a treatment in the management of many localized painful musculoskeletal conditions. The clinical indications of laser therapy can be grouped into 4 main categories.
- Wound healing
- Recent injuries
- Arthritic joints
- Pain control
Curezone physiotherapy provide patients with MedX Phototherapy, also known as light and laser therapy; a safe and highly effective treatment method that offers a rapid, drug free, non-invasive healing solution.
Benefits of Laser Therapy Treatment:
- Reduces inflammation
- Relieves acute and chronic pain
- Increases blood supply
- Increases speed and quality of soft tissue repair
- Stimulates immune function
- Stimulates nerve function
- Promotes faster wound healing and clot forming
- Healing (up to 40%)
- Increased osteoblast production accelerated
Common Conditions treated in Laser Therapy Clinic
- Tennis and Golfer’s Elbow
- TMJ Disorder
- Soft Tissue Injury
- Pain Relief
- Arthritis (Rheumatoid arthritis and Ankylosing spondylitis)
- Frozen Shoulder
- Migraine Headaches
- Low Back Pain
- Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel
- Bicipital Tendinitis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sprains and Strain
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Nerve repair and Peripheral Nerve repair
- Eyes: Everyone present should wear appropriate safety spectacles and should never look into the laser light directly.
- Cancer: Do not treat over the site of any known primary carcinoma or secondary metastasis unless the patient is undergoing chemotherapy when LLLT. This however can be considered in terminally- ill cancer patients for palliative relief.
- Pregnancy: Do not treat directly over the developing fetus.
- No treatment over the thyroid gland
Week 1, daily to 3 times per week, after this, 2-3 times per week, 6-15 treatments in total.
2-3 times per week, up to 15 to 25 treatments in total.
Regular treatment schedule enhances accumulative effects and outcomes. The average treatment time takes 5- 15 mins. Our Laser therapy can be used on patients of all ages. There are no known side effects with Laser Therapy. Our Healthcare Providers have been using Laser for ore than 10 years and have been handling the treatment with care. They make sure you fully understand the benefits and side effects of the Laser Therapy.
Ask us how we can improve your quality of life – Book in now to get a free physiotherapy consultation at Curezone Physiotherapy, Mississauga to discuss more about it.