Soft tissue and Sports Injury Physiotherapy, Mississauga
Curezone Physiotherapy clinic Mississauga aims in providing multidisciplinary approach and evidence based physiotherapy treatment and Rehabilitation.
Principles of physiotherapy in Sports Injuries Mississauga:
Short term Goals:
The objective includes
- Prevention of further damage
- Limitation of any bleeding
- Reduction of pain
- Reduction of swelling
- Prevention of immobility and stiffness in joints and soft tissues
- Maintenance of muscle power
Sports Physiotherapy Long-term goals
The objective includes:
- The education of movement
- Increase mobility of joint and soft tissue
- Restoration of function and return to daily living
- Restoration of confidence in affected part
- Prevention of the return of swelling
- Prevention of reoccurrence of the injury.
There can be various types of sports injuries. Some of them are as follows:
- Ligamentous injuries
- Muscle strain
- Tenosynovitis did they take off injuries
- Capsulitis of the shoulder
- Long head of biceps tendonitis
- Rupture of the long head of biceps
- Tennis elbow
Lower limb conditions
- Hamstring or biceps femoris muscle strain
- Quadricep muscle strain
- Avulsion of tendon from patella
- Patella dislocation
- Rupture of tendo calcaneus
- Meniscus injury of the knee
- Medial or lateral collateral ligament injury
- ACL or PCL injury
Physiotherapy treatment for sports injuries
In acute stage the injuries, the physiotherapy starts gentle active assisted exercises. Passive stretching is also recommended within the limits of pain to improve movement and reduce pain. As the pain reduces, active exercises and muscle-strengthening exercises are started.
Electrical stimulation, ultrasound, Shockwave therapy, Laser therapy and Heat are also used to decrease the pain and inflammation. Cyriax 1978 suggest treatment by transverse friction massages for the tendon and ligamentous injury.
Acupuncture is also considered as an active treatment for reducing pain and inflammation.
Your physiotherapist may also use suction cupping, Hawk or Graston Technique for breaking the scar tissue and massage around the injured area.
K taping of the injured area is also one of the most considered methods of treating an acute injury.
Active release techniques (ART) are also helpful in treating sports injuries.
For the lower body injury the goals are to mobilize the ankle and the foot to re-educate the walking to develop running and jumping skills to limit any swelling to stimulate the patient’s response.
A most important aspect of treatment is that of continuous assessment on Fitness testing basing the progression of treatment on the findings. The treatment plan consists of isometric quadriceps exercises, progressing rapidly weight-bearing walking too quickly towards full weight-bearing with emphasis on correct gait.
A different approach is taken towards a pain due to sensitive nervous system.
Here, you find the Clinic for physiotherapy in Sports Injuries Mississauga – Curezone Physiotherapy a team of Professionals Physiotherapists, Chiropractors & Sports Injury massage therapists.